4.26.2009

The light at the end of the tunnel


Lately I have been stressed out, exhausted and grumpy (so sorry to those of you that have had to deal with me). I have had way too much to do and little time to do it all. Things have been crazy at work ( I will spare you the boring details), and since I have added eating right and exercising into my daily routine (which feels like a full time job alone), I have had less time to relax. I'm finally feeling like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Here's why:


*I ditched the gym yesterday morning so I could sleep in. I didn't wake up until 9:00 and it felt REALLY good. 11 hours of sleep makes me very happy.


*Jason and I went on a date last night to Cantina Laredo (thanks Jim and Marcia for the gift card). I wasn't even that hungry because I had Lucille's BBQ for lunch, but I still pigged out. That felt GREAT!


*After dinner we shopped around San Tan mall. I found a cute pair of pants at Banana Republic. They were on sale, and I comfortably fit into a size 4, even after my big pig out. The diet and exercise is paying off! Yay!


*After dragging Jason around to shop at my favorite stores, he still took my hand in the car and sweetly said "That was fun". I was shocked because he hates to shop.


*Full day Kindergarten is BACK at our school. We were going to go back to 1/2 day, but we just found out this past week that it's back. HUGE deal for a kindergarten teacher!


*There's only 19 days left of school. I love my job, but love summer break even more. I really can't wait to sleep 11 hours every night (ya right!) and work out when I want to, instead of squeezing it into the end of my day.


I am going to work really hard to not be stressed and grumpy this week. We have fun relaxing plans next weekend that will end my week happily.


3 comments:

heidi said...

I am so glad all day kinder is back. My mom was just telling me a little bit about the stress at school and I felt sad for all of you. Anyways, enjoy the end of the year and your summer. Make it the best!

Nicole said...

I can't believe school is almost out! I love having you around all summer long :)

Laura Fuller said...

good for you! don't stress too much about working out. sometimes you need to give your body and mind a break; then you are re-energized. what a fun date night and awesome you are a size 4! good for you! you are always beautiful!