8.24.2008

Proud mom, toothless mouth, and a sad week...

First of all, I want to say that I am sooo proud of Kaylie for being published once again in Teen Ink. To read what was published, go here. She wrote this personal narrative a year ago for a school assignment, submitted it, and it recently got published! Way to go Kaylie, all of these things are going to look great on your resume someday!

Secondly, I have to post this picture of Kendal's cute little mouth! Her friend Tatum kicked out her front tooth yesterday (on accident) and I couldn't be happier! She was too afraid to have me pull it, so it dangled in her mouth for about a week! Thanks Tatum, I know you feel bad, but I am so thankful that we did not have to pull it!
Last, but not least, I have to say a few words about the Nielson family. I learned about this adorable family from Nicole's blog, and have been deaply saddened this week after Stephanie and her husband Christian were in a private plane crash last weekend. They both survived the crash, but have a long road of recovery ahead of them. I stayed up way past my bedtime the other night reading Stephanie's blog and fell in love with her and her passionate love for her husband and children. It felt like I was reading a good book that I couldn't put down. She is an inspiration to all women and my prayers are with her and Christian as they recover, and for her children who will be living without their parents for a number of months. I can't stop thinking about all of them...

4 comments:

Laura Fuller said...

congrats Kaylie; she is amazing. Kendal looks adorable....there is nothing more gross than seeing a tooth hanging by one little root!

Nicole said...

That Kaylie never ceases to amaze me! I'm so honored that my name is mentioned in her article. I'm so glad for you that Kendal's front teeth came out...you would've been waiting forever otherwise.

tsumomi said...

I can't pull up the article. Where is it located? That is so cool. Candle is cute with that missing tooth. Did the tooth fairy come? Did you know that the tooth fairy brings debit cards to our house?

Sara said...

I had to pay for 3 teeth to be pulled from my boys in the last 2 weeks...$80 bucks a pop! Keep on brushing, Kendal!