8.14.2008

First Day...a few days late!


The girls and I had our first day of school on Monday. I know I'm a few days late to post, but tonight is the first night that I am not exhausted!! It could have been the Claritin I took today...Thanks Susie!! Overall, the day went great! Kaylie, the one I worried about the most, has done awesome!! She is already in Yearbook class, Speech and Debate Club, and got nominated for classroom representative for student council!! This is a HUGE change from when she started at Stapley. It took her until 9th grade there to really get involved. I am so proud of her and her positive attitude towards High School!

As for little miss Kendal, she is not very excited about having to go to bed early and wake up early. What happened to my little Jason?? She loves her teacher and all the kids in her class, but really misses mommy! I don't think she understands that all the other kids don't have their mom's there at school...48 steps away! Hopefully this will get better soon because she really needs to go out and play at recess, rather than hang out with a bunch of kindergarteners in my class! I'm going to have to put an end to that soon...

As for my first day, it was one of the best first days I have ever had teaching Full Day Kindergarten (this is year 3). My class is really sweet and cute.

I also need to give a huge shout out to my amazing husband. He has made dinner every night this week, cleaned the entire house today, and has listened to all of our first week stories. I feel very spoiled! Thanks babe, you're the best! I will get back on track next week, I promise!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Oh, sounds like the first week went great for all of you! Yeah!

Laura Fuller said...

I've been thinking about you all week. I don't know how you do it; I helped out in wyatt's class for a little over an hour and I was exhausted the rest of the day. Kaylie is the cutest girl at Mnt. View and Kendal is such a doll. She'll get the hang of it all and pretty soon feel like she is missing out on recess time being in with you. I agree with her about the morning thing! Everyday is a stuggle with my boys.

Nicole said...

Those two are so adorable! Kendal's bag is almost as big as her...she is such a peanut. I'm so glad everyone had such great first days. I'm so proud of Kaylie jumping right into high school. I never had that kind of drive or confidence!

tsumomi said...

Man, your girls are soooo cute. Kaylie reminds me of Molly Ringwald in Pretty in Pink. I love her style and finger nail polish. She knows whats up. Candle (had to say it that way for Wyatt) is a cute as can be. She is lucky for you to be so close by. We need Marc to draw up the paper work for the arranged marriage for Wyatt and her.