8.10.2008

My girls...

School starts tomorrow, and I can't believe that my sweet little Kaylie is going to be in High School! I think I am more nervous for her than she is for herself! She is such a sweet girl with a good head on her shoulders, I just worry about all the outside influences that she may experience and it makes me cringe. I know she will handle situations gracefully. I just hope she stays the kind person she is, but thinks of herself first and always remembers the values Jason and I have worked so hard to teach her. I am so proud of the young woman she has become, and look forward to watching her grow and develop in the years to come...I love you Kaylie, and I will be thinking about you all day tomorrow!!


Kendal will be starting first grade this year, and we have measured that her classroom is only 48 steps away from mine. Kendal is thrilled that the umbilical cord does not need to be cut yet! I am not worried a bit about her year in first grade. Her teacher is amazing, she has friends in her class, and she is so stinkin smart it scares me! I just hope she waits to turn on the tears until after school since she still loves to cry to get her way! That is something I have been working on all summer long with her... I love you Kendal, and I will flash you the I Love you sign everytime I see you on campus, until it gets annoying!

I can't wait to hear all about both girls' first day of school!! I am also looking forward to having breakfast together again since Kaylie will have to be up early this year! Stay tuned tomorrow for a first day of school update and pictures!

4 comments:

Laura Fuller said...

good luck! I can't believe Kaylie is going to be at Mount View! I still feel like I just graduated.

Nicole said...

I can't believe how fast the time has gone and have been thinking about Kaylie all day today! I hope she has a great first day and that Kendal is happy in her new class. Please update soon with how it went for everyone.

tsumomi said...

Are you kidding me? High School? Wow! How proud you should be of yourself and her.

Kaylie said...

Don't worry everyone, I survived.