7.21.2008

Our trip to the south...

Our Summer vacation this year was an 11 day trip to Alabama to visit Jason's extended family. We visited a place called Dauphin Island and stayed at this beach house for a week: All of the homes are on "stilts" to protect them from hurricanes.
It was so nice because it wasn't extremely crowded, so we had plenty of room to relax and read a good book, build sandcastles and a sand mermaid!
Inside the beach house, we enjoyed listening to Jason and Jackson (his cousin) play the guitar. I love how Kendal would sit on the window and listen to them!

We actually left the luxury of the beach house during the day a few times to go on a few outings. On my birthday, we drove up the coast to Biloxi, Mississippi and stopped off at a pier to enjoy the scenery. We also ate at this cute little restaurant and had delicious seafood alfredo and bread pudding!
We took a ferry over to Gulf Shores, Alabama to check out the scenery:

Ate lunch at this cute little bakery that had delicious homeade bread and cinnamon rolls! Visited Uncle Wayne's property in Fairhope, Alabama and enjoyed swinging on the swing on his pier! We also spent a few days with grandma Roxie at her house in Mobile, Alabama. We miss her already! We had a wonderful time, but are glad to be home and back in the swing of things!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

This looks like so much fun! I can't believe how high the beach house is on those stilts. The restaurant you ate at looks adorable, and I would love to go to Fairhope someday! So glad you guys had a good time.

Sara said...

How fun. Keri, you have such an adorable family!

LINDS said...

Looks like fun!! I love the mermaid.

Laura Fuller said...

what an amazing house! that picture of kaylie on the porch swing reminds me so much of you; and I love the picture of you and the girls on the beach. can't wait to catch up when tricia is in town!

tsumomi said...

I have always wanted to do the down south trip. No sweet potatoe pie? That is a staple down there.