2.08.2009

Feeling hot, hot, hot...

Yesterday, I tried something new. I attended a Bikram Yoga class, which is a 90 minute class in a room that is 104 degrees and 40% humidity.
I know, it was HOT and LONG, but I LOVED it!

I will admit, before the class started, I was nervous for several reasons:

1. I am claustrophobic and hate even the heater in the car blowing on me

2. I am not very attractive when I sweat (who is, really?)

3. Let's face it. It's hard for me to not talk for 90 minutes (one of the top reasons I became a teacher was so I could talk all day long, and people would have to listen!)

So, once I got over the fact that there was a heater blowing right on me (why did they put the new girl in that spot???) and I focused on my breathing instead of the man in the speedo at the end of my row, I was fine. I enjoyed myself, and felt great afterwards, just like my friends Kristy and Michele promised. You know that feeling after you just get a massage, kind of loose and free and relaxed the rest of the day? That is how I felt. I found myself talking softer and being more calm. I even took a nap on a Saturday afternoon, and I never nap!
So, lets hope I lose a few pounds doing this because I am competing in a Biggest Loser competition at work, and I won in the first week's weigh in! I surprised myself by losing 5 pounds in the first week. Who knew? Eating right and excercising actually works!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

That is so awesome!

The Moore Family said...

Starting January 5th...I've been addicted to yoga....it is an incredible form of strengthening & exercise! Good luck!

P.S. can you send me that template?
admoore5@yahoo.com

Laura Fuller said...

oooh! i want to try; let me know when you do it again!

mom said...

Keri, ~~~~I am so proud of you ~~~love mOm

Sara said...

Way to go Keri! Let me know the next time you guys go. I can't wait!!