2.16.2008

Stages of life...

As I was lying in bed last night (after a fun-filled evening at Peter Piper Pizza), I was thinking about all of the stages Jason and I have been through together. The getting our first REAL job stage, getting engaged and married, building our first house, having kids, growing out of the first house and moving to the next... Well, after all of the big stuff is over, and your life revolves mainly around your kids, it's funny how you can be overly excited about even buying a new vacuum! I remember last year at this time I was crazily obsessed about buying a new car. I researched and looked, reasearched and looked, until finally, I found what I wanted and I got my new car. Well right now, I am crazily obsessed about finding us the perfect dog for our family, although I haven't completely convinced my husband of this yet, I have fallen in love with a few dogs so far:
If Jason finally gives in, I know we will wait until Summer so we can all be home to help with the new little addition to our family. It's funny, somehow the large car payment didn't seem as scary to me as actually getting a puppy!!

6 comments:

Sara said...

And scary it is! That's why I resorted to rats. We're not getting another dog until Elle is
5. But, your girls will be such big helpers. Good luck!

Keri said...

Sara-
I think I would be more afraid of rats!
Keri

Nicole said...

They are a lot of work in the beginning, but so worth it when they become a full fledge part of your family. I hope you get one soon!

Laura Fuller said...

they are so sweet! what type are they? I love our maltese/bicon because he doesn't shed and is so sweet everyone. I have a friend with a teacup yorkie and it is so sweet! good luck; cade didn't want a dog either but he ended up surprising me with Jimmy on my birthday.

Keri said...

Laura-
I love your dog Jimmy! He is sooo cute! I have been looking at the Westie, Maltese, and Yorkie breeds. Jason, however, likes the Jack Russell Terrier...We may have to compromise! This may take some time...

I love that Cade surprised you for your birthday. That is so sweet, but I am not going to hold my breath on that happening!

LINDS said...

Cute, I like the white one. Is it a Maltese?