
Kaylie decided to have a few friends over on Friday night to hang out. Luckily, Kendal was at the neighbors playing and Jason was working, because they pretty much had the house to themselves! We went to Tia Rosa's to pick up dinner and I really felt old when they started to talk about "crimping" their hair. I told them that I crimped my hair on the first day of 7th grade so I would look pretty for Jr. High. They looked at me funny, and one of them said "They had crimpers back then?". I guess that was 20 years ago, but it feels like yesterday!! Now I feel old! We ran into a family we know at Tia Rosa's (happens every time we go) and the mom said that she still has her purple Vidal Sassooon crimper from the 80's, and it still works!! So funny!!

7 comments:
I am amazed that crimpers are still around! I thought they went out with pinning the bottom of jeans and z.cavaricci...
Have to say I never did crimp my hair! By the way, I love your new blog background and title! How did you do it?
Nicole,
Last I heard they still make Z cavaricci clothing! I can handle that, just not the pinning at the bottom of the jeans!
Laura,
My sweet Kaylie was on a mission to make my blog cute! I told her what I wanted and she worked her magic, frequently calling herself a geek!! If you ever want her help, let me know!
I did not mean it like that!
No one crimps their hair anymore, and it seemed like one of those year 2000 kind of things. I bet your hair was adorable! And you are not old at all. My dad is twice your age. Hahahhaha!
-Katelyn Roberts
Oh, and P.S. People still pin their jeans. Hhahah!
Katie,
I thought I was a young, hip mom, but I don't think I will be crimping my hair or pinning my jeans anytime soon! Don't worry, I was not offended by your comment,just humored by it! :)
Okay good! You are a young, hip mom. Definitely. :)
Post a Comment