Kaylie went to Prom with Cameron. She made that dress! She is amazing.
*The same day as Prom, we had our annual Mother's day luncheon at church. I made my first iMovie for this event...then made about 4 more by the end of the month (my kindergarten class slideshow, my team mates slideshow, our kinder graduation slideshow, and one for Kaylie's graduation party!)
*A few days later I had a 20 page paper due. It turned out to be only 9 pages, but I still got an A. I think my professor knew how tired and stressed out I was. I didn't really like her or the class until I saw that A posted. Wish me luck with my Statistics class that starts next week. No excuses here, I'm nowhere near as busy as I have been lately!
Kendal made her First Holy Communion and Confirmation. These are her godparents Mike and Suzanne. Mike is one of Jason's best friends and Suzanne is one of mine. We had a party afterwards at our house (the first of many for the month).
Kaylie was awarded two awards/scholarships at the Mountain View awards assembly. Her yearbook instructor said some of the sweetest things about Kaylie, which made Jason and I both tear up. I think her yearbook teacher will miss her about as much as we will!
We are very proud of her accomplishments!
A few days later Kendal's team won the Softball championships! Kendal was the "most improved" player on the team. She went from striking out every game to hitting the ball every game. Luckily, the last game she hit the ball with 2 outs, 2 strikes, and the opposing team 1 point ahead. So basically, they would of lost if she would have struck out. She saved the game and the coach lifted her up afterwards. Jason got teary eyed.
(he's not really a cryer, so that is huge!)
Kaylie was voted "Best Dressed" in the Senior Slideshow. I love this because she is not your typical trendy dresser. I do not buy her clothes often and she does not shop all the time. She creates the most amazing, unique outfits with what she has in her closet. I think the best part of her outfits is her confidence and her adorable smile. I want to be just like her someday.
Kaylie was voted "Best Dressed" in the Senior Slideshow. I love this because she is not your typical trendy dresser. I do not buy her clothes often and she does not shop all the time. She creates the most amazing, unique outfits with what she has in her closet. I think the best part of her outfits is her confidence and her adorable smile. I want to be just like her someday.
Kaylie graduates!
We were so proud of her, we let her stay out all night and I didn't even stress out about it. I know, she is 18 and is leaving the state in a few months, but it is still hard!
We had a party to celebrate. Complete with a Slushie machine (which we turned into an adult slushie machine for a Memorial Day BBQ), cupcakes, cotton candy machine, swimming, family, friends, and food!
There you have it. The busiest month of my life so far.
I am beyond happy that it is Summer and I am home to enjoy my family, spend time with friends, and most importantly, relax!
We were so proud of her, we let her stay out all night and I didn't even stress out about it. I know, she is 18 and is leaving the state in a few months, but it is still hard!
We had a party to celebrate. Complete with a Slushie machine (which we turned into an adult slushie machine for a Memorial Day BBQ), cupcakes, cotton candy machine, swimming, family, friends, and food!
There you have it. The busiest month of my life so far.
I am beyond happy that it is Summer and I am home to enjoy my family, spend time with friends, and most importantly, relax!






No comments:
Post a Comment