7.25.2010

Good thing.

Last week I had surgery to remove my gall bladder due to some uncomfortable gallstones (I know, gross!)  I was really, really nervous about this surgery because I've never had surgery before.  I even planned out my funeral in my head at church the Sunday prior because I was certain the anesthesiologist was going to kill me.  I also had a major meltdown the night before (thanks for listening, Suzanne!)

Many times the last few days I have found myself feeling extremely blessed and saying the words "Good thing" we have DVR, etc, etc, etc.  Here are a few other "Good things" I have appreciated lately:


Good thing...

I have a lot of amazing people in my life who prayed for me, eased my mind, and sent me well wishes (you have no idea how much that meant to me!).

I have a husband who took amazing care of me and was willing to sleep on the couch with me for 3 nights straight just in case I needed anything (I love you babe!)

I have sweet daughters who chose to fight when they were out with grandma instead of at home (sorry Marcia & thanks for buying the girls adorable clothes!).

I have a silly dog that woke my mom up early the past 4 mornings at her her house (sorry mom & thanks again for taking her!)

I have GREAT family and friends who bring over GREAT meals to feed my family (you know who you are and I blame the added pounds on all of you!)

I have my new Macbook Pro to keep me updated on everybody's facebook status, blogs, etc. (can't wait to use you for my Master's degree in the Fall, but for now you are fun for me!)

I have friends who will come over to keep me company and are not offended when I nod off to sleep (sorry Susie and Latrenda!)

I am healthy and feeling better once again and can start getting back into the swing of things.

And last but not least, good thing we still have a few more weeks until school starts!







Obviously, we are having a little too much fun with photo booth!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Susie told me about the surgery. Glad to hear it went well. We need to get together and do another pedi/dinner night. That was really fun!!