I've survived my first full week back at school, and it's amazing that I am still awake at 9:30 p.m. tonight! My class is adorable this year and full of characters that will keep me laughing throughout the day. They are, however, very chatty so I am a little raspy by the end of the day from trying to talk over them!
So, along with the new school year, I have started something else new. Something I never thought I would do. Something I thought I didn't like.
I started running.
And I actually like it. I said like, not love....yet.
It all started when my friend and workout buddy, Latrenda, talked me into doing the Turkey Trot this upcoming November (it's about 6 miles, I think...sad, I really don't even want to know!). I agreed with a smile and we started training this week. So far, so good. We ran 3 times this week, and I did pretty good. Luckily, Latrenda is very motivating and keeps me going. I thank her very much for that.
We may even do the 1/2 marathon in January...

3 comments:
Yeah...you will learn to LOVE it! I promise you. Just keep it going and all of a sudden you'll start looking forward to those runs. I am excited for you!
Sara, I hope I learn to love it! You and my friend Laura are my inspiration. I hope I look as good as you two eventually!!
i'm so proud of you! if you can run a mile and half you are on your way. remember that first mile is still hard for me.
Post a Comment