12.26.2008

What do you do when your husband works on Christmas day?

Wake up very early (5:45) before he heads to work to open presents...



Then head to a movie with mom, dad and sister. Eat Popcorn, Red Vines, French Fries (yes, they sell french fries at the theater at 10 am) for breakfast. You can't say no on Christmas!

(Super cute movie that I highly recommend, especially for dog lovers!)

Next, spend the afternoon with relatives we typically do not see on Christmas, but wish we always did!

Macy, Kendal, Hannah and Kaylie

My "sister-in-law", Marcia, (Kaylie's biological father's sister whom I adore-make sense??) got a new bike for Christmas. I have never seen a grown woman so excited! Thanks for having us Marcia!

Then, off to the fire station to visit the man of the house who did not have a very "merry" christmas because he was running calls ALL day and ALL night! Poor guy. He rarely complains and I love him for that!

No, the girls did not wear their pj's to the fire station, I took this photo to proove that he was actually home with us for a small portion of the day!

I do have to admit that I was a little sad when he left for work. I'm usually OK with his schedule, but for some reason this year I missed his presence...ok, and his presents too. We put a small limit on gifts for eachother this year due to the economy, lack of overtime, and Kaylie's expensive Europe trip. I guess I'm usually wrapped up in the excitement of all my new gifts (Jason is a FABULOUS gift giver and usually spoiles me like crazy on holidays) that it doesn't phase me when he leaves for work. This year, we focused on the kids...which was actually pretty nice...because I paid close attention to their excitement...and realized that just being together as a family is the greatest gift of all.

And, if you are wondering...we spent Christmas Eve with my family. We attended Christmas mass and then had everyone to my house for dinner (I'm off the hook for a while now after hosting Thanksgiving and Christmas the same year!). We celebrated with Jason's family today, and his parents had their chance at spoiling us all!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful Christmas! We do need to get together for a girls day of shopping or a girls night of fun. Although, I'm starting to think I may not be able to keep up with Miss Susie!

Laura Fuller said...

that sounds like a great past couple of days. I'm so sorry Jason had to work.I've seen so many fire trucks in the last two days. I bet he was busy. We should get together next week. We don't have any thing going on. oh, btw I can attend the baby shower. Cant wait!

The Moore Family said...

Keri...looks like you girls made the best and the most of your day! Merry Christmas! I will be at Suz's shower too!