11.01.2008

Busy is my middle name.

What a crazy busy week! Last weekend we went on our annual Vegas trip with a group of friends to see the Jimmy Buffett concert. We had a blast and the concert was great...even though I still don't know most of the words to most of the songs...I just dance my way through the concert and burn off all the nachos and cheeseburgers we eat the entire weekend

Jason and I at Jimmy's restaurant Margaritaville


Our group of friends all geared up for the concert...whoever took this one cut off our bodies!

On Wednesday, I co-hosted a "Stone Soup" Halloween dinner for my Blue Flip Flop group. I was so stressed out about this and kept having nightmares that I was going to forget something, which I did (nametags..oh well!). Everyone brought an item to add to our soup (like the story) and we played a few Halloween games. Since we are getting together for a good cause, everyone brought an item to donate to our charitable cause: Save the Family.



I was boring and just dressed up as a cat!

Of course, yesterday was Halloween and my Kindergarten team was in charge of breakfast treats for the staff...and we had a great little Halloween party for my class...just more things to keep me crazy busy!


Last night, however, Kaylie, Kendal and Izzy dressed up in their cute little costumes:
Kaylie as the Tooth Fairy (she made her skirt), Kendal as a Mermaid Princess (her costume was too itchy and it made her grouchy) & Izzy as a Bumblebee (she hated the hat, but kept the costume on most of the night!)


Kaylie had a group of friends over (do I dare call this her first High School party??). I let her plan the entire thing and I just forked over the money! Here they all are hanging out on the back patio:
She has such a great group of friends! It was kind of nice because I let Jason take Kendal trick or treating so I could stay and supervise the teenagers! It was great just hanging out in my comfy chair, sipping cider, and reading my Breaking Dawn book while I waited for the door bell to ring...

Today is my mother-in-law Marcia's birthday. She is more than I could ever ask for in a mother-in-law & I wish her a very Happy Birthday!!

I am off to help coach the second half of Kendal's soccer game (wish me luck!) and find outfits for our family pictures tomorrow!

I'm not sure things are going to slow down until after Christmas...

3 comments:

The Moore Family said...

Keri...at least it looks & sounds like you are having fun through all of the crazy busy times! I completly can relate on this chaotic time of year! Maybe this is why time goes so quickly!

Nicole said...

I can't believe how busy you've been! You should've been the bee for Halloween :) The girls look adorable and Izzy is so cute in her costume...what a good girl keeping it on all night.

tsumomi said...

You made me tired by just reading all you did.