Everytime I walk into a church, no matter the religion, I feel welcomed. People are so warm and friendly, you can't help but feel good about being there. We have been going to the Catholic Church in our neighborhood for about 3 years now, and honestly, I have felt welcomed, but have not felt very involved. My kids are in religious education classes, and we go most Sundays (if we don't, Kendal squeels to my mom!), but I just have not volunteered to do much more. I knew this needed to change, and I needed to get involved in something that involved ME.
So tonight, I did something that I have been wanting to do for the last 3 years, I joined the M.O.M.S group (ministry of mothers sharing). I always thought that this was for the mom's that stay home and have little ones, not for a full-time working mother of a teenager and a 6 year old. Thankfully, I got over my steriotype, and went to the first meeting (with 2 of my friends) , only to meet many moms with children that ranged from 50 years old to 7 months old, and yes, most of them work and some of them have teenagers too.
I am really needing this for myself right now. I feel like I am constantly giving to fill everyone else's needs, but don't take the time, or ask appropriately for my needs to be met. I'm hoping that this M.O.M.S group will not only help me grow closer to God, but closer to other women who will understand me and be there for me.
My mom is going to be so proud of me when she reads this...
9.08.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am so proud of you! This is incredible and I can't wait for you to share with me what you discuss and learn from these women. Good for you!
good for you...no one understands women better than other women!
OK OK YOU BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES,,,I CAN HARDLY TYPE!! LOVE MOM
Good for you! I am sure you will get a lot out of this. If anything some girl time. Way to take care of yourself.
Post a Comment