8.04.2008

Ready or not...

It's time to go back to school! Today is my last official day of summer and I have mixed emotions about it. I am ready to go back to work for several reasons:
*I am much more productive when I have 30 million things to do.

*I thrive on having a schedule! I'm a much happier person when I have things planned out.

*I love being with sweet little kindergarteners who are so eager to learn.

*I miss seeing my teacher friends.

*I need to quit eating out and start eating lean cuisines again for lunch (I never thought I would say that!).

*My own kids are so sick of me and sooo excited to start a new school year that I don't feel the slightest bit guilty!

*I will actually watch all of the shows I record. During the summer I do not carve out time to watch TV, but after teaching all day long I make a point of crashing on the couch when the kids go to bed!

I am pretty much ready, but I am not looking forward to the lack of sleep I endure due to the fact that I am getting all 30 million things done that need to be done! Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Laura Fuller said...

You'll do great! I wish my kids could have you as a teacher. I agree with you about the t.v. thing. I am so ready for the fall schedule to begin

Sara said...

Oh, Keri, I have to say I do envy you right now. The beginning of the year is the time I miss most as a teacher...getting the room ready, meeting kids and parents, etc. So fun! I hope you get a great class and have a happy year!

Nicole said...

I know you will thrive once again in your element at school. I will miss having you off to be with me during the summer, though. I hope you have a great year and some adorable new faces!