4.14.2008

Soccer & Relay for Life

Kendal had her first soccer game on Saturday. She did a great job and looked adorable in her uniform! These pictures are from her first practice... I remembered the camera for practice, but forgot it for the first game! That's the difference between having to be somewhere at 4:30 in the afternoon, compared to 8:45 in the morning!
Later in the day, I headed over to Red Mountain High School to participate in the Relay for Life cancer walk. Our school put together a team of teachers to walk the track to raise money for cancer research. It was a long emotional and inspiring evening that didn't end until midnight for me and my walking partner! I'm glad I did it, but watch out next year because I will be hitting everyone up to raise lots of money!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

That is so great that you did that relay...it must have been so inspiring. I am glad Kendal is enjoying soccer. She looks so cute!

Laura Fuller said...

good for you! how far did you end up walking? I'll donate next year.

Keri said...

Laura, really, what are you doing up at 4:12 A.M.??? I am not sure how far I walked...I should have brought my pedometer! I know I walked long enough to have my body ache for a few days afterwards...