9.24.2011

Portland

Last month Kaylie left for college and it's taken me almost a month to post about it because up until recently, I couldn't do it without crying.

I miss her a lot.  Our house isn't the same around here without her Glee parties, Harry Potter talk, and messy bathroom.  I know that I am still her mom, but I also know that she is thriving on her own without me {which is really hard to swallow}.

Jason and I flew with her to Portland to drop her off.  We spent the first two days moving her in, attending parent classes, and facing the fact that we wouldn't be seeing her for 3 months.  

Here's where she will be spending the next four years:



Her dorm:




The first 2 nights we left Kaylie at her dorm and headed to nearby Lake Oswego {where we stayed} to hang out.  
I want to live there someday {when we can afford a 15 million dollar home on the lake!}

After a family picnic and a tearful goodbye, we headed to Seaside and Cannon Beach.
Cannon Beach is gorgeous.  Unfortunately it was a little foggy that day, but it was still beautiful.  Seaside is a family vacation spot.  We will definitely be back with the girls soon.

Jason really wanted to drive up to Astoria to see Mikey's house from the Goonies.  Someone lives there now, but they allow people to come up close and take pictures.  
Jason was thrilled!

This was taken on the drive to Astoria.  Everything is so green and beautiful!

The day we had to leave, Jason and I took a wrong turn and ended up at the beautiful Rose Gardens in Portland.  There are 8,000 roses and it smells heavenly.

{even the bathroom was beautiful!}

Before heading home, we spent the afternoon downtown by the river and then ate lunch at 

Although we miss Kaylie like crazy, we love hearing about her adventures and experiences on her blog. 
She is having the time of her life and we can't wait to go back and visit!

2 comments:

Kaylie said...

So glad you love Portland as much as I do! I love you guys!

rotner ramblings said...

Ah Keri, this is so sweet and brings tears to my eyes. What a lucky pair you are to have each other. You're an amazing mom who has produced an amazing, confident daughter. Thank God for the gift of technology.