I love teaching, really I do...I love not only the fact that I am on the same schedule as my own kids, I also contribute to our family's income, and find joy in watching scared little 5 year olds blossom into smart, confident, 6 year olds. I am probably one of the few people I know that really doesn't mind being a working mom UNTIL...Report cards and Parent/teacher conference week! Luckily we do this only twice a year and then I feel like I have a REAL job! I missed doing so many things this week because I was working twice as much as normal...evening time with the kids and Jason, watching my recorded shows after Kendal went to bed, cooking, helping around the house (well, not really), blog surfing, checking my e-mail (I had 71 unread e-mails after 3 days of not checking them!), and taking time out for me!! It really makes me appreciate my "normal" weeks! Here's what I am looking forward to doing this week:
*Spending time with my three favorite people:



*Cooking this new recipe:

*Reading more of my favorite new book:

*Squeezing fresh orange juice from our orange tree oranges: My new favorite "treat"...

*Catching up on my favorite TV shows:


5 comments:
What is the dish you are going to make? I am always looking for new recipes for my family to hate. I'm glad you made it through your week; I totally support any teacher and you all deserve more praise than you get!
I was wondering why blog land hadn't heard from you in a week...now I know! I am glad it's over and you can enjoy your "regulars". I watched Cashmere Mafia this week too...it's kinda like a modern day sex in the city.
Laura-
The recipe I am going to try is called "Chicken Paprikash". My mother-in-law makes a very fancy version of this that my kids love, but I am going to try an easier version that my cousin e-mailed me! I will let you know how it turns out!
Nicole-
However funny this may sound, I actually missed escaping to the office and blog surfing this week! I agree that Cashmere Mafia is like a modern day sex and the city, I think it actually has the same producer! Hope it keeps our interest!
What the heck are you reading that book for? Maybe ten years from now, but you, my dear, are a spring chicken. I've been watching "Cashmere Mafia" as well. I like it, but miss the original so much. I'm always popping in my "Sex And The City" dvds!
Sara-
You are too funny! I am reading that book because I saw an advertisement that said "Anyone over the age of 29 should read this book!" Well, that would be me and I really am learning a lot!
Keri
Post a Comment